June 21, 2014, the Summer Solstice or Mid-Summer’s Eve or Litha is a powerful time for sex magic and ritual. Forget about love who wants to be in love when you have use of this time for sex, magic and power. This is the time when the Faerie Kingdom comes out to play and create. William Shakespeare’s “A Midsummer’s Night Dream” spoke of lovers and the faeries.
Both symbolically and literally, the summer solstice is a time of celebration, ripeness, warmth, joy, heat and lust. It is a time for the God and the Goddess, represented by the Queen and the King of the wheel of the year myth, to reach fulfillment and perfect companionship. It is also bittersweet because this is the time when the King is wounded, and the wound will see his strength ebb over the coming months.
That time of midsummer magic, of things reaching their peak, of ripeness, is going to change — from now on you’ll begin to feel the a little more introspective, your energy will begin to change, and you’ll begin to turn your attention to work and serious matters over the next month. A feeling of completion and fulfillment may give way to feelings of nostalgia or a sweet regret — you may find yourself looking back over the last two months, since Beltane, and wishing that all times could be so carefree and spontaneous. It is important not to judge yourself for any out of character activities or wild behavior that may have resulted — this is the spirit of Beltane and Litha, and now as its energy peaks, you will soon focus on responsibilities once again.
Sex Magic is meant to be a sacred act between consenting ‘adult’ partners. It requires a level of caring and love between partners to create and generate the desired energy that empowers the intent of the act itself. It is very important to align your energies with the Divine Spirit. This is one of the most important parts of creating a working ritual. There are two steps to this process.
- Defining your intent. Just using sex in a ritual isn’t enough to justify the act. You must have a specific reason and intent for creation magic.
- Raising energy is especially needed for a rites of Sexual Magic. Partners must take some extra care and time to pull in the Divine forces of the God and Goddess into their own physical being as the first step.
Great reverence is placed on the creation center of the woman. These are the ovaries and womb. Consider using crystals or symbols that empower the energy of this area. The Tree of Life is one example. The symbol is laid on top of the human body to represent the various energy centers. The Yesod or the moon sphere (the white circle in the center of the Tree of Life), is placed on top of the ovaries of a woman and the testes of the man. Yesod is the sphere of creation and is aligned with the element of water. An element long associated with the flow of life and sexual energy. It’s also associated with the root of creativity, creation and thus the essence of life itself where first principles come into being. Some people like to use a washable marker and draw a symbol of water over the lower abdomen of their partner to represent water, or flow of life. Another idea is to place crystals around the ritual space, be it a bed or floor, aligning the crystals energy with the chakra center that will be placed beside the crystal. You can review the Crystal Chart for more information. Candles can also be used for this purpose as well. Safely placing the candles around the ritual space, where they will not be touched or accidentally knocked over during the ritual. You can refer to the Candle Magik Basics for more information.
- Start with Creating your Circle.
- With your ritual space established, the couple enters the circle together.
- Standing in the center of the space, say your prayer, set your intent, raise energy and pull in the essence of the God and Goddess.
- If you’ve chosen to use a symbol in your ritual, create it and set it’s foundation next.
- The act itself should be one of compassion, gentleness and caring.
- Through out the act, communication is of the utmost importance in raising your energies. Make sure both are comfortable and at ease with all that is happening. Being uncomfortable will degrade the energy of the working.
- Consider reciting affirmations that express your feelings and desires of the intent of the ritual as well.
- At the moment of climax, both partners need to focus their energies on the results of the intent of this ritual. Even something as simple as saying: “To create prosperity for our family, I release the essence of the God or Goddess creation”, can set the energy you’ve created for manifestation.
- Spend some time laying with each other and visualizing your energy moving out into the ethereal and manifesting your intent. See it being created and becoming reality. Talk about it and share your vision with each other adding to it’s energy.
- As with all rituals it should end with giving thanks. Not just to the Divine force you called into your ritual, but to each other as well.
- When you’re ready, clean up your ritual space.
Sex Magic is not something to be exercised on a whim or without reverence. Because of the personal nature of these rituals, it is something to be approached with great intent, respect and honor for each other. Many spiritual teachers strongly suggest these rituals be held in private between partners. Use your best judgment and communicate fully with each other before engaging in these types of rituals. Make sure it’s comfortable for all parties involved to ensure the best creation of energy possible.